- OxyContin can be effective in controlling moderate to severe pain, but its downside is like other opiates, it’s very addictive.
- OxyContin addiction and abuse can cause respiratory failure, high blood pressure, cardiac arrest, coma and death.
- In some cases, OxyContin usage can cause impotence and enlargement of the prostate for men.
- OxyContin users develop a physical and psychological dependence on the drug, thinking they must use in order to feel “normal.”
- Many unsuspecting parents and grandparents leave their OxyContin in the bathroom medicine cabinet where they can be easily stolen by young children. Children who take these drugs quickly learn how to abuse them.
- Many OxyContin overdose deaths occur because the person does not realize how much they have taken, so it is common to grossly exceed a safe dosage.
- As OxyContin addicts progress in their disease, they will build up a tolerance for the drug, meaning more and more is needed to achieve the desired effect.
- OxyContin use can even be passed down to children from mothers taking the drug.
- OxyContin addicts often avoid going into treatment because they fear withdrawal, which can be very unpleasant but rarely fatal.
- Withdrawal cravings can include: muscle and bone pain, insomnia, restlessness, nausea and vomiting, sweating, involuntary muscle twitches, dry mouth.
- The best way to escape the grips of OxyContin addiction is to enter treatment, and go to a 12 step meeting like AA or NA or Celebrate Recovery offered and many churches.
In 12 years, between 2002-2014 over 1300 people died in the province of Ontario alone from OxyContin overdose
The manufacturers have earned over 31 Billion dollars since they introduced OxyContin in 1996
If you were prescribed, purchased or used OxyContin, you may be eligible for participation in this Canadian Class Action Lawsuit. Higgerty Law still receiving registration requests for class action members.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO
*SIGNING UP HERE DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY GUARANTEE YOUR MEMBERSHIP AS A CLASS MEMBER. IT SERVES AS AN INITIAL POINT OF CONTACT TOOL FOR US.
CALL US FOR MORE INFO | 1 (888) 699-7826